Friday, October 31, 2008

Here's to finding a nice man

My two year old cracks me up. I am a sarcastic person by nature. My father before me is as well. We feel it's a gift. Sometimes I'm funny, sometimes not so much, but I always have some kind of funny thought in my head. My 2 year old seems to have inheritted this trait from me. And thank God for that. I love my husband, but he's a little too literal at times and my sense of humor is lost on him. But, Sabrina? This girl is going to be FUNNY! For the past couple of weeks she has woken up with a crusty, glazed donut monster (thank you Bill Cosby) nose because of the sniffles. In order to distract her while I de-glaze I say funny things like, "Who brought you all these boogies? The Boogey Man??" She laughs and doesn't scream while I fix her face. The other morning she woke up with a clean nose (YAY), but a huge knot in her hair. Again, I try to distract her while I get it out. "Who brought this knot for you??" She says, "The Boozshy (love how she says that) Man." I say, "What? He leaves your nose alone but now he has to mess up your hair? That Boozshy Man is not a nice man is he?" She says, "No, he's not. Mommy-I need a nice man." She's a natural.

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

HAHA! That's right Sabrina ! You need a nice man... and one who won't forget his suit either!