Thursday, November 20, 2008

No shots for the bad girl?

Three year check up time...WOOHOO. So we make the trip to the doctor's on Tuesday for Sabrina's check up. It's looking like my girl is shaping up to be tall and thin-33 inches tall and 31lbs. She was very excited to step on the "big girl scale" and ever so kindly informed me with her extended pointer finger, "No-the docka do it" when I stepped closer to the scale. Well excuse me, little miss! Her "docka" checked her out and said she was just fine and up to date on her shots so we could leave. However, on our way out he remembered she needed her flu shot (apparantly a law in our state that she has to have one if she's in daycare). So back in we go for the shot. Now, I should have said something, and in hind sight, I don't know why I didn't, but the dr. asked me to hold Sabrina down so he could give the shot in her leg. I don't think she needed to be held down-she's like her father and likes the attention and PROOF of medical attention, and I think it just made her more anxious because she started crying and yelling, "NO NO NO". The nurse and I keep telling her, it's ok, you're being such a good girl and she screams, "I want to be a bad girl!!"

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

At first i thought this was gonna be a post about you and your bday adventures for tomorrow night and how you weren't intending to "do shots"! I was sadly mistaken, but ... I love that Sabrina exclaimed "I want to be a bad girl!" lol... She's so stinking diva-esque!

Kelly said...

Sorry to disappoint :)