Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am raising this girl RIGHT!!

I stayed home with the girls the other day. My Tuesday sitter was home sick, and it was more econimical to take a personal day and stay with them rather than sending them to the regular daycare provider and having to pay for the day. That's fine with me, because I love to have an excuse to have a fun day home with them instead of having to stay home because one of them is sick and we can't do anything. I decided, too, that since I would be home all day, I would get a jump on some laundry that had been piling up. My husband is usually the one who does the laundry-a) he doesn't like how I do it (he's an engineer so his "there's a wrong and right way to do everything" persona extends to all aspects of housework as well-knock your socks off buddy!) and b) I suspect he uses doing laundry as a way to not have to change diapers-but since I was home I wanted to do it. There is a point-wait for it.
I put Sabrina down for her nap a little early so that she would be up in time to go to the doctors. Of course, because we had to be somewhere, she slept longer than she usually does, and I had to wake her up to get ready to go out. Now, she's cranky. I tell her we have to brush her teeth and she begrudgingly goes into the bathroom. She starts whining, "I don't want to do it. I want you to do it." With the previous night's Nanny episode still fresh in my mind, I don't react to the whining and I simply say, "Ok. I'll help you. That's what mommy is here for-to help you...and to do laundry." Well, my girl turns, scowls at me, and says, "NO! Mommies don't do laundry...DADDIES DO!" That's right honey-you keep on insisting on that!

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

i fall in love w/sabrina more and more everyday! make sure she tells larry that on friday!