Saturday, December 6, 2008

She was sooooo good

So I finally did get to that Conair sale. For anybody in the Middlesex County, NJ area who might possibly be able to get to this and who needs any Conair or Cuisinart items-I highly recommend you go. It was fantastic. I had never been before, didn't know what to expect, and thought it would be no big deal to bring the girls. I didn't bring the double stroller because I anticipated some sort of a crowd and didn't want to maneuver it. I brought the stroller base for the baby's infant carrier and expected Sabrina to walk. I managed to find a parking spot in the actual lot of the factory, so I thought that was promising. Got the baby in the stroller base, and explained to Sabrina that there were going to be a lot of people here so she needed to stay very close to mommy and she needed to listen to me and behave. We go inside of the factory and were herded into the line that was the entrance into the actual sale itself. I heard a rumbling that it would be an hour and a half wait just to get in from where we were at in the line. OMG! I thought I should totally leave-there was no way they (the girls) would be able to take that long of a wait in line. But seeing as I was still drunk on the morning's aggravation, and didn't want to go home, I decided to give it a try. This child absolutely amazed me. The baby was a mute point-figuratively and literally speaking. She was either laughing and smiling at everything she looked at, or she was sleeping. Sabrina however? She could not have been any better if I drugged and bribed her. As we weaved throught the amusement park type line, I kept eyeing the most accessible exit point...just in case. I think every mom with a 3 year old automatically looks for how to get out when she brings her children into a place that just begs them to go crazy. She played a little bit with the ropes that were strung up to keep us in place, but other than that, she was amazing. She listened, she stayed by me when I asked her to, she played with her little purse and the treasures she brought in with her. She was adorable. I had my moment of "mom pride" when a lady behind me said, "My two grandsons would never behave as well as she is right now." I just wanted to cheer, "YAY SABRINA!!" The woman in front of me told me I was a brave woman for brining a 6 month old and a 3 year old to this event alone. I should have told her that ignorance is truly bliss as I had never been to this sale before and didn't know what it entailed. When we actually got inside...it was crazy. There were people everywhere. They had these really cool "carts" though that were boxes with a hole punched in them and a heavy plastic "leash" looped through the hole. You put your items in the box and drag it around. I, thankfully, wasn't there for a lot of things, so I had the genius idea of putting Sabrina in the box and pulling her with the few items I got. So here I am, pushing a stroller with one hand and pulling a box with a 3 year old, toaster and hair dryer in it. YAY MOMMY! LOL. She thought it was a blast...until she tipped herself out of the box. LOL. Poor thing was laying there..."I've fallen and I can't get up." I got her her own box and she pulled it around like it was her puppy. When we got back to the car I gave her such a big hug and thanked her over and over again for being so good. She could have asked for anything and I would have begged, borrowed, or stolen to get it for her. She was wonderful and I was so grateful. Somebody must have been watching out for us and knew that neither me nor Sabrina could not take anymore on our plates this morning. We had a nice day together.

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I told you Sabrina was an Angel... Lol... she must have gotten that after a couple hours with me after thanksgiving :)

Kelly said...

That's what I was thinking too.