Monday, December 15, 2008

Hello DYFS...let me explain

OMG-this child. LOL. Sabrina was kneeling on the floor in front of our coffee table yesterday. My husband was sitting on the sofa throwing the dog's tennis ball through the dining room into the front living room for her to chase and bring back. This is Shelby's favorite thing to do when we are inside. Have I mentioned Shelby? She's our almost 2 year old Lab mix. Adorable, but a bit of an ooof when it comes to moving around. On one of her passes she bumped Sabrina which caused her (Sabrina) to hit her lip on the table. She cut the inside of it and it puffed up pretty quick. She'll live, but there is definately a noticeable swelling. Fast forward to daycare drop off this morning...I'm telling the daycare provider what happened precisely for the purpose of her NOT thinking I cracked my child one. I say to Sabrina, "Tell Debba what happened to your lip." The little darling cocks her head and says, "Um, mommy beat me up." WHAT!!!???? Lucky for my our daycare provider knows this is not true, but I was still dying. I'm sure Sabrina heard me say to my husband, "People are going to think we beat these children" and she ran with it, but does her timing have to be that "perfect"?

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

As your attorney, I'd highly suggest we privatize this post... lol Kidding! lol. Your daughter definitely knows how to milk a situation ( i Love it!)