Monday, April 18, 2011

If this is year 5, I can't even imagine year 13

I would normally put something like this up on FB as a note, but I figured I should put them here to try and get the blog rolling along.  So, here is where these little nuggets will be found from now on.

My kids are allowed to watch TV.  Sabrina is 5, so I taught her how to use the remote control so she can put on her shows when it is ok for them to watch a show.  She knows 3 channels and the "last" button so she can always get back to one of her channels if she punches in a number wrong.  A couple of nights ago, one of the kid shows was on an OK'd channel, but I don't really like her to watch this particular show, so I told her she is not allowed to watch it.  I also explained that if I catch her watching it after she has been told she's not allowed she will not be allowed to watch ANY TV for a yet to be determined amount of days.  Tonight, all of us, except Sabrina, went upstairs so I could cut my husband's hair.  She was throwing a major snit fit because she was told she would not be allowed to watch the new Harry Potter DVD, and missed out on the opportunity to pick another movie because of the level of the fit she threw.  She was told she could come upstairs to join the rest of us when she was done with her tantrum, or she could stay downstairs and watch one of her shows on regular TV.  I went upstairs, got all of the hair cutting stuff set up, and my husband was putting on a show for Corrine to watch.  He joked and said that Sabrina was probably downstairs watching the banned show.  I said, "Oh, she better not be."  He said, "Relax, I don't even know if it's really on.  I was just kidding."  Then he checked and said, "It's on."  I left to sneak downstairs to see what the little angel was doing.  I quietly walked into the kitchen from where you can see clearly into our family room to view the television.  I was rooting for her; hoping she had done the right thing and changed the channel.  No such luck.  Sure enough, the banned show was on.  So, I stood there for a minute...giving her a chance to change the channel as it was just starting...maybe she was in the bathroom and didn't have a chance to change the channel.  The bathroom door never opened and the channel did not get changed.  So, now I moved into the doorway of the family room, and just stood there, waiting for her to see me.  She doesn't.  Then, I give the little, "Eh-hem" cough.  SHE TURNS HER HEAD TO SEE ME AND ROLLS HER EYES!!!  ROLLS HER EYES!!!  She did not have an expression of "Oh, darn I'm snagged, let me say I'm sorry so she doesn't get upset and punish me!"  Her face said, "Un-f'n-believable.  Now, I'll have to listen to her shit for the rest of the night."  I figured since a flip-out is probably what she expected, and since we are still in Lent, I calmly told her to shut the television off and come upstairs to put on her pajamas.  I just kept shaking my head and saying to myself, "She's 5 years old...5... and already pulling this stuff."  Lord, give me strength!

1 comment:

nicole said...

LOL!!! Hilarious the little 'tude she has Already!! :)